Traveling Back Home...



Margaret Harwell Art Museum

Packed my blue VW wagon with 60 plus pieces and delivered my art work this week to the Margaret Harwell Art Museum, or MHAM, in Poplar Bluff, MO. My car was jammed. Every inch was covered with art. Barely had room for my toothbrush, but not to worry I squeezed it in too. 

Headed out from KC and I traveled down through the Ozark's, I could not believe the color of the huge trees and foliage. Hyper-green from all the rain this spring. Wish I could have stopped more and soaked up the vividness, but I had a mission and had to keep moving. Took a few shots from the road and I will share below. 

After arriving in Poplar Bluff, I turned on to Main Street. It is still a brick paved road. The sound of the wheels on brick is always hypnotic. And loud! Pulled in front of the MHAM and its historical presence and realized, yes I am back home. Jumped out of the VW and then I got hugs from Tina at the MHAM. Had not seen her in close to 10 years. Too long. 

Monday, I had traveled over 400 miles to  drop off my art and then spend the evening with family. Yes, I was back home. Stayed up late laughing with my baby sis and her kiddos. Woke up and turned the empty wagon around and headed to my KC home. Another 400 miles down the Missouri road. . . 





Loaded VW


Big Skies of Missouri/Highway 60
Hyper Green
Current River in Van Buren, MO
Mingo National Wildlife Refuge . . .Getting Close to Home


Headed back to KC

Comments

Popular Posts