So, thank you so . . . to those who believe in me and support what I love!




Life. So fun, so busy, so unpredictable. Late 2014 and early 2015, saw many changes in my own private Idaho. We sold a home that we loved, we moved into a new community for the second time in 5 years, began the settling in process, my hair turned silver, (just seeing if you are paying attention) and I unexpectedly had my first corporate sale to PNC Bank of Pittsburgh, PN. 

Yes that is right, I sold 3 large pieces of my collection for the new PNC Tower that is being built as the greenest skyscraper in the US. 

Rhonda Goodall Gallery contacted me via email in early December and from past experiences I was extremely skeptical. Artists are targeted everyday with scam email and it had jaded my trust. However after some research, I discovered this query was legit. Early January, I shipped these three pieces to the framer.  

So far, so good, right? No actually . . .so far, so great! So yesterday, I sold my fourth large painting this year! It has been a wonderful year. So, thank you so to those who believe in me and support what I love!

Moreover, December was a great month with friends here in Weatherby acquiring a few pieces. I am grateful to say the least for their friendship and support!

I look forward to this year with optimism and know I must be diligent and focused. My world is busy with family, art, gardening, and taming this silver addition on my head. Additionally, I am busy painting for the Margaret Harwell Art Museum. My show opens June 6, in Poplar Bluff, MO, and this near perfect spring weather has made it difficult to focus. 

My work is changing and evolving from straight-forward lines to bold expressive movement. My world is changing and evolving. Sometimes for good and sometimes completely maddening. Within my art, I am torn between the simple and the complex and I know my work reveals that. My hope is to bring some joy back as the world evolves around us and to make us pause and believe that we can do better and let’s start here. Again, thank you to everyone who has supported me in my journey over the past ten years, . . .thank you, thank you! I look forward to the good ahead.

Cheers to you my friends!
Teresa

Teresa Dirks,
Visual Artist

teresadirks.com/
teresadirks.blogspot.com/
teresadirks@gmail.com

Find me on Houzz, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Art Stack​.

Thank you for supporting the arts!



Comments

Popular Posts