Wishing You a Happy New Year, and a Big Thank You . . .

Happy New Year to you all! I wanted to thank everyone for their support this year and for following me as I continue to grow as an artist. It truly does lift my spirits when I get feedback on a piece of artwork.  I had a great year with many shows and hangs. Additionally, I had the release of the Missouri Arts Council Poster and on top of that . . . the truly humbling reception at the Capital Rotunda in February, so I would say it was a good year. If you are not familiar with the Missouri Arts Council, you should be. They are doing fabulous work in our state promoting the arts! Tirelessly. A big thank you to them for selecting my work and giving me tremendous support. Furthermore, a special thank you goes to Keiko  who made the process run so smoothly!

Hope all is well for you. Life is busy for me now (four grand kids under 3,) but I am ready to get back into the studio soon. I completed a commission for Christmas which was great fun, but extremely challenging. Painting for someone always takes much more energy than painting for yourself. You must work toward someone else's vision and color palette, but it also pushes an artist to be more aware. So a thank you goes out to my client. Wink wink. Also, I would like to thank everyone who has purchased art or shown my work this year. Without you and your support, my work would be insignificant to say the least.

Here is the piece I completed late November toward my new direction that I have been contemplating. I have incorporated vintage fabric (which I do normally), but took the direction toward a more playful look. Much of my work is horizontally oriented, but this I chose to orient vertically instead.

I truly wish you a bright new year with happy possiblities. Get out and be creative. I'm going to . . .

Cheers,
T.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts