Why I paint abstractly . . .



Some good friends went on a trip to the Grand Canyon last week on vacation and they had us over for dinner last night. It was a wonderful evening. The friend was talking about the light  and color on the canyon and how it changes minute to minute. She was amazed how beautiful it was. Graciously she bought a book for me of different artists who paint the Grand Canyon; some really incredible work by the way!

But it dawned on me, (no pun intended Dawn) as I was planting flower bulbs today that I paint abstractly because I do not feel I can recreate anything more beautiful than nature itself! It is as simple as that. Nature does it best. I cannot compete with nature, so I do not try. What I do do is recreate the mood or feel of nature. I cannot improve upon it. Ever.

Thanks for listening,
T.

Enjoy this day . . .

Comments

Popular Posts